CHICKEN SOUVLAKI WITH SLAW & MUSTARD MAYO
This is a STEP-BY-STEP guide to follow if you need clarification along the way. Enjoy the cook. NOTE: If you prefer not to multi-task, we suggest you prepare the chicken skewers first, then make the salad (and dress it last minute), then put the pita and chicken on to cook at the same time.
SLAW SALAD & MUSTARD MAYO
- Peel the snow peas
(remove their string), then julienne the snow peas and put them into a bowl.
- Thinly slice/shred the amount of red onion that you desire. Add it to the bowl.
- Shred the cabbage nice and thin. Add it to the bowl.
- Pick the leaves of the Parsley – leave them whole, no need to chop this. Add it to the bowl.
- Now that all your ingredients are in the bowl, place the seeded mustard provided into the mayo provided and combine. Set this aside in a small bowl.
- Add EVOO & salt to the salad.
- Cut the cheeks of the lemon x 2 and put them aside for the chicken and squeeze the rest of the lemon into the salad.
- Give the salad a good mix and it is ready
- Soak the skewers for 1/2 hour before skewering the chicken.
- Add 4-5 pieces of chicken per skewer and place them into a non-stick high heat fry pan, no
oil and no salt – the chicken is already seasoned for you.
- Turn the chicken when there is colour. It needs to have colour on every side.
- Serve with cheeks of lemon
- Warm Pita all together in a pile in a hot deep non-stick fry pan. When the base pita is warm, flip the base pita over, once that is warm bring the pita to the top of the pile and continue the rotation until they are all warm.