CURTIS STONE'S UNBELIEVABLE BURGER
This is a STEP-BY-STEP guide to follow if you need clarification along the way. Enjoy the cook. NOTE: Bring the burgers to room temperature before cooking
PREPARE ALL YOUR INGREDIENTS
LET's GET COOKING!
1. Add all the bacon to deep non-stick fry pan that is on a low-medium heat, to render the fat off the bacon. Not to get crispy.
2. Once the bacon has begun to render, add the sliced white onion into the pan and mix. You want this all to caramelise nicely, this will take approx. 10-15mins. So whilst they are cooking (make sure you keep an eye on them), let’s make the sauce…
Add all these ingredients into a bowl…
1. 2 tablespoons of mayo
2. 2 tablespoons of ketchup
3. 1/2 teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
4. Finely dice/chop a piece of Kimchi (fermented cabbage)
5. Finely dice/chop the pickles (cornicions and onions)
6. Add finely diced Chipotle Peppers
Mix this really well. Check and stir the onions/bacon.
MAKING YOUR BURGERS
1. Portion sizes for your burgers are the key. Make sure they are all the same size so they all cook evenly, especially the right thickness
2. Once the onions are caramelised, butter your burger buns and add these to a hot non-stick grill frypan face down (so butter side down). Let these begin to char for a 1 minute.
3. Now add your burgers to the same non-stick grill frypan (or another if they don’t fit, just make sure you place the burgers into a hot pan). Allow these to cook for 4 minutes on each side.
4. Whilst the burgers are cooking, check on the buns to make sure they have grill marks but are not burnt, it should take 1-2mins. Once you are happy with the grill marks remove them from the pan.
5. Flip the burgers over when it has been approx 4 minutes and they are golden brown.
6. To the flipped burger, top with a spoonful of the caramelised onion/bacon and grated cheese. You will need to leave this for approx. 4 minutes. To get the cheese really melted, you will need to add a lid over the frypan to really let the steam melt the cheese.
7. Once the base is golden brown and the cheese has melted, place the burgers into a plate to rest for 30secs before adding it to the burger.
BUILD YOUR BURGER
1. Add the shredded lettuce at the base
2. Add a slice of tomato
3. Add a spoon of the sauce
4. Add the beef patty
5. Spread a little more sauce to the top bun
6. Bring it all together and enjoy!